Head of Business Change
|London||Perm||Upto £85,000- 90,000||Alfen/ Nate|
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in London?
Our client is one of the largest transport services organisations in Europe, employing some 54,500 people and delivering more than 2.2 billion passenger journeys across 14 European countries every year. We have strong roots dating back to 1938, an ambitious growth agenda, and are continuously developing.
They are known for implementing various technology-enabled transformation initiatives across the group ERP (based on SAP), BI Reporting and Data Analytics, Office 365 and other operational systems and process areas. They are looking for a driven and enthusiastic person to provide change leadership and help drive and shape the change needed for our technology-enabled transformation programmes to deliver clear benefits to both the business and our employees.
You will have a strong background in strategic Change Management and be able to identify the wider organisational impacts and opportunities of all T&S programmes as well as links to other strategic programmes. You will also be able to champion and put the customer at the heart of all change activities and provide strategic counsel to sponsors and leaders within our businesses.
You will work with senior stakeholders across the organisation to develop and articulate our vision for how to realise the business benefits from the technology investments we are making whilst helping to embed new ways-of-working. You will think creatively about how best to engage stakeholders at all levels, and help to build positive, collaborative ways of working.
The client operates within a strong culture of devolved accountability, with each business unit or operating region having distinct ways of working. You will be able to adapt your approach to deliver and launch strategic change initiatives, training programmes and communications strategies to ensure change is managed effectively on the ground, incorporating insights and sensitivity towards cultural differences.
Although based in London, this will be a pan-European role, so candidates must be willing to travel. You will manage pan-European teams and manage a million plus budget to deliver agreed scope on time and within budget.
- Implement an effective Business Change Framework that can be scalable and repeatable to support various T&S initiatives as well as re-usable by other programmes within the Group.
- Lead the T&S Business Change Team, and establish governance for it, to ensure team members (across Change Management, Training, Roles Management and Communications & Engagement, locally and in-country) succeed and contribute to overall team goals.
- Work with stakeholders (Sponsors, Executives, MDs, Business & Programme Leads, DB and other partners) across the organisation to identify, influence, and drive wider organisational change opportunities introduced by ERP.
- Ensure that the business and customer is at the heart of everything the team does and that stakeholders as well as Programme team members are aligned.
- Define and oversee a Change Management strategy for T&S and function that understands business impacts and implements a plan to manage people through the change, working with change agents from within the business.
- Define and overseeing a Communications & Engagement strategy and function to promote awareness and understanding of the T&S Portfolio and Programme, providing regular updates and support to the business.
- Define and overseeing a Training strategy and function to ensure impacted business communities receive targeted training needed to operate successfully in the new work environment, supported by an online learning management system.
- Define and overseeing a Roles Management strategy and function to ensure impacted business communities receive the necessary knowledge required to adopt ERP roles for use in the new ERP ways of working, as well as smoothly enabling technical access to support country deployments.
- Support in developing the Business User Adoption strategy and framework to enable its delivery to support ERP embedding.
- Shape ERP training and change activities to reference business KPIs to support overall user adoption objectives.
- Support the Global Process Owners to establish the architecture and governance process for driving the business adoption agenda with the Business and its Change Network during business as usual.
- Support the Global Process Owners in organisational design and change that will be required to ensure local organisations have the best possible structure and skills to ensure successful process adoption and that related benefits can be realised.
- Manage budget to deliver in-scope activities and execute strategic resourcing to move towards a more cost-effective T&S Business Change team.
- Ensure all programmes are collaborative and team members work in a positive environment that leads business change by example.
- Manage performance levels and performance appraisals for direct reports.
- Support the Business Systems Transformation Director in meeting programme objectives.
Knowledge of experience:
- Proven capability in developing and implementing business change strategies.
- Strong desire to develop and deliver business value and strategic outcomes.
- Experience in defining and embedding new ways of working at go live and BAU.
- Preference given to ERP experience, or other major IT enabled transformation.
- Able to build effective relationships with stakeholders & senior leadership.
- Experience of global or pan-European ERP/SAP full life-cycle roll-outs and ongoing management of a global ERP/SAP solution.
- Experience in facilitating collaborative workshops.
- Strong verbal communication and ability to speak to the business on their terms.
- Ability to influence others.
- Commercial, strategic, and highly customer focused.
- Experience of managing £million plus change programme budgets.
- Experience in managing teams.
- Transport or contracting industry experience a plus.
To apply to this job please forward a detailed cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on head of business jobs and other jobs available please visit the Alfen website.
Or you can upload your cv Click here