Head of T&S Finance
Are you looking for an exciting role in London?
Our client is one of the largest transport services organisations in Europe, employing some 60,000 people and delivering more than 2.2 billion passenger journeys across 14 European countries every year. They have strong roots dating back to 1938, and an ambitious strategy to achieve their vision of becoming a Mobility partner of choice.
Technology is key to our clients ongoing success and future direction in an industry in the midst of change. This role will provide financial leadership to Group Technology & Systems (T&S) ensuring financial controls whilst supporting the leadership team on new technologies to improve our operational effectiveness, customer service, enabling new business opportunities, whilst ensuring value from existing IT services and related costs.
Taking an active role as part of the T&S leadership team, the role will enable the team to work to in a common and shared direction and will build valued relationships across the finance teams.
Responsibilities will include:
- Accountable for adherence to the clients financial, treasury & tax policies and procedures. Leads on all relevant financial controls, policies and standards and ensuring they are embedded within T&S, undertaking regular reviews of the processes, systems and controls in the function and ensuring recommendations for improvement are implemented.
- Accountable for owning and maintaining the IT strategy cost profile/investment proposal for the 5 year business planning, budgeting and forecasting processes to allow the Leadership team to consider trade offs and priorities, and ensure value for money from our investments.
- Provides expert commercial and financial insight into IT strategic change initiatives, ensuring investments are appropriately prioritised and included in plans.
- Provides financial input and assurance for business cases, ensuring adherence to governance requirements, challenging cost requirements and gaining alignment across all stakeholders.
- Implements and continuously improves processes for data collection, analysis and reporting for all T&S costs; and processes for accurate, transparent and repeatable recharging methodologies aligned with other business areas.
- Drives financial ownership and accountability into the T&S senior management team and wider department to ensure there is a culture of financial challenge, awareness and control.
- Ensures delivery of accurate financial analysis and reporting requirments into Group finance, for planning and forecasting proceeses, plus ad-hoc requests. Represents T&S on relevant governance committees and working groups.
Other Skills & Experience
- Accountant with significant post qualification experience (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- Expert knowledge and understanding of UK GAAP, IFRS & statutory reporting processes, management accounting processes.
- Expertise in leading an IT finance function with experience of and ability to challenge the business culture around financial awareness and control.
- Provides clear vision and direction, inspiring and engaging individuals and the wider team to deliver
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships and influence with key stakeholders based on professional credibility and excellent communication and engagement.
- Experience of working effectively within complex and matrix environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, particularly adept at simplifying and articulating complex topics and employing a wide range of communication styles to engage with all levels of the organisation.
To apply please forward a detailed cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on head of finance jobs and other jobs available please visit the Alfen website.
Or you can upload your cv Click here