Integration and Pipelines
Are you looking for Pipeline and Integration jobs in London?
Our client is one of the largest transport services organisations in Europe, employing some 60,000 people and delivering more than 2.2 billion passenger journeys across 14 European countries every year. We have strong roots dating back to 1938, an ambitious growth agenda, and a continuously developing.
We are in the process of implementing strategic business transformation initiatives. These use our rich information assets to provide our internal stakeholders with improved data analysis and transparent information sharing. This supports decision making, facilitates collaboration, strengthens our relationships with clients and public transport authorities and offers our customers an improved information driven experience for their journeys. A core part of this strategic drive has been the deployment of enterprise wide technology investments across all entities within Europe underpinned by common process.
The Data Excellence team is central to making this vision reality. Our aim is to provide the right inspiration, capabilities and tools to help transform the way the company performs its business and adds value in an increasingly data driven world. Our ambition is to develop a world class data capability that will act as the internal supplier of group-wide data and digital services.
- Working closely with the Head of Data Management to implement the integration and pipeline components of the wider Data Excellence strategy
- Contributing technical and solution expertise to the development of the data management solutions roadmap
- Leading the definition of the default, central technical architecture and implementation plan(s) for integration and pipeline solutions, which meets our diverse, multi-national and multi-regulatory, business needs
- Working across T&S to align integration and pipeline solutions with the clients Enterprise Architecture Strategy, ensuring that applicable standards and policies are met
- (Where applicable) Designing the consolidation of integration and pipeline solutions and processes, driving consistent ways of accessing data and information across and providing self-service technologies where possible, to make it easier for our business to find and use the right information
- Leading the technical delivery of integration and pipeline solutions projects through the development lifecycle, including design, development and testing. Assure the quality of outputs, manage technical resources and suppliers and escalate risks
- Leading systems design work, recommending/designing structures and tools for integration and pipeline solutions, translating logical designs into physical designs, and producing detailed design documentation
- Working with analysts, internal and external service providers to validate technical designs for integration and pipeline solutions
- Using your in depth technical and business knowledge to carry out assurance that major programmes and projects are sourcing their data from certified sources and have defined outcomes to enhance our corporate data asset
- Supporting the Head of Data Management (and project managers) to manage and control project budgets
- Supporting effective deployment of integration and pipeline solutions by working with project management to confirm that solutions meet the service acceptance criteria and are to the required standard
- Managing, developing and inspiring direct line reports in the integration and pipelines team.
- Supervising, growing and developing direct line reports through objective assessment against the data & information competency framework, and knowledge sharing
- Building effective relationships across Data Excellence, T&S, the business and other stakeholders, serving as a technical advisor and problem solver
- Supporting data analysis and information sharing skills within the business by driving awareness and adoption of our information capabilities
- Inputting to recommendations for new integration and pipeline solution technologies, which ultimately help deliver great customer experience, satisfaction and business growth
- Providing thought leadership on how cutting-edge industry best practices can be used to better integrate our solutions and fully exploit our data for maximum business benefits
- Supporting operations teams to analyse performance and production issues, ensuring solutions are working at optimal levels and removing barriers to success
- Contributing to the continuous evaluation and improvement of products, tools and technologies
Knowledge and skills, Experience:
Expert knowledge of:
- Middleware solutions, development and deployment of interfaces to and from transactional systems
- ETL & Integration, Cloud based data platforms
- Data Sourcing / Interfaces: SnapLogic, SAP BODS, Python
- Understanding the general IT landscape across applications, networks, databases and connectivity
- Data Warehousing: AWS technology
- Source Systems: SAP, WorkDay, Operational Systems
- Good understanding of one or more business domains, including Finance, HR, Assets, Engineering, Transport Operations, Commercial, Customer Services, Marketing, Compliance and Technology
- Experience of contributing to data management strategy, gained in a complex, dynamic IT and business intelligence environment
- Extensive experience designing, developing and supporting technical integration and pipeline solutions for large-scale programmes, especially in organisations where the technology landscape is evolving.
- Experience of delivering technical reference architectures and carrying out architectural reviews in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to build relationships at all organisational levels, shaping and influencing outcomes and obtaining buy-in
- Supervising and directing the work of other team members including the developers and analysts, including both onshore and offshore resources
- Experience working on both agile and waterfall projects, designing and implementing creative solutions
- Good experience of managing third party suppliers, including selection, relationship management, performance management and financial management
- Excellent analytical skills with a detailed approach to problem solving
- Model the behaviours expected of all teams: honesty, integrity, passion and positivity
- Ability to continuously learn in a dynamic environment, understanding the big picture from a programmatic and technical standpoint
- Degree level qualification; relevant professional certifications desirable
- Experience of working in a federated organisation or a large global programme environment is essential
- European transport industry experience and knowledge of the regulations which govern transport delivery is highly desirable
To apply to this job please forward a detailed cv to email@example.com.
For more information on pipeline and integration jobs and other jobs available please visit the Alfen website.
Or you can upload your cv Click here