Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in Reading?
With over 30 years in design and manufacturing, our client is a global supplier of world class data capture solutions to the Airports, Airlines, Retail, Banking, Government, Rail & Bus and Security industries. Headquartered in Reading, UK, they have sales and infrastructure support in the USA, Middle East, India, China, Spain, Italy, Singapore, Ukraine, Russia, Vietnam, Korea, Japan and Australasia.
Procurement of components for production and engineering in a timely and efficient way through the MRP system and arrange for delivery to meet the requirements of the business by:
- Obtaining and analysing supplier quotations, balancing cost, quality, delivery and reliability factors to decide the supply source.
- Sourcing both domestically and abroad to obtain more competitive quotations. Ensure Terms and Conditions of Purchase Order are agreed, including price and delivery date. Orders should be approved by Lorraine Hall.
- Meeting to build relationships with key suppliers and negotiating with them. Challenge their quotations, particularly requests for price increases.
- Investigating and recommending potential new suppliers that are best placed to meet the company’s requirements. Ensure only approved suppliers are used or seek dispensation to trial a new vendor.
- Track and report status of orders placed on suppliers ensuring the right orders arrive on time and on cost. Highlight to management where problems on supply are occurring and agree corrective action to minimise risk to the business.
- Be aware on a daily basis of current shortages and do utmost to ensure that line-stoppages are avoided. Maintain close contact with production and stores to ensure good communication.
- Attend internal product development engineering meetings to identify new part requirements, schedules, and procurement needs. Proactively report any anticipated issues to the project engineer and management.
- Organise and undertake projects as required.
- Place orders for consumables and goods and services against requisition requests.
- Conceive and plan strategies to progressively reduce part costs.
- Liaise with Accounts Payable to ensure accurate and timely payment of supplier invoices, as necessary for the business with the supplier.
To apply to this job please forward a detailed cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on purchasing manager jobs and other jobs available please visit the Alfen website.
Or you can upload your cv Click here