Are you a calculated and quick witted Data Scientist with a drive to further your career and gain dynamic skills in the fast paced financial industry?
If you are looking for a pivotal role in a quickly growing international company, then this could be the Job for you.
An exciting financial company who provide lending and banking solutions to the UK and EU market as well as providing Microloans into the developing nations. They have a substantial High street and online presence and they are committed to ensuring their position at the pinnacle of the market by using the latest technologies.
The Data Scientist is responsible for performing predictive analytics and build models company wide, including credit risk, fraud, collections and marketing. The successful candidate will be part of a team that will define the Big Data strategy for our organisation and will lead or participate in R&D projects in the digital space and identify new tools, methods and opportunities to profitably grow the business.
The Senior Data Scientist will partner with colleagues across the organisation including Risk, Data Science, Marketing, Compliance, IT and Finance to effectively drive change and achieve her/his goals.
Keep abreast with new data science tools and methodologies
- Outstanding analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Tertiary qualification in a quantitative field (math, statistics, physics, computer science, engineering)
- Expertise in statistics, machine learning, data mining (classification, regression, clustering etc.)
- Good programming ability with R, Python, ideally two of them.
- Knowledge of SQL and databases
- Strong communication and collaborative skills
- High energy, creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and flexibility to adapt to a fast-changing environment.
- Hands-on analytical industry experience preferably in Fintech, consulting or start-up environment is highly desirable
- Experience taking projects from prototype to implementation
- Knowledge of social network analysis, graph theory and graph database
- Knowledge/skill of data visualization
To apply please forward a detailed cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on current data scientist jobs and other jobs available please visit the Alfen website.
Or you can upload your cv Click here