Are you looking for Hardware Engineer jobs in Derby?
Our client is one of the world’s leading engineers of visual solutions. Founded in 1982 and now distributing across 5 continents, to customers in more than 100 countries worldwide; covering multiple industries such as professional audio and video, military, education, security and health care. They are seeking a hardware engineer who will be involved in the development and validation of a range of cutting-edge products in the computer graphics and digital video markets.
The successful applicant will work as part of the Hardware Engineering team, reporting to a Hardware Team Leader, and be involved in the design and validation of high bandwidth embedded sub-systems and the design of hardware and software test-benches. The role will give the satisfaction of seeing designs move smoothly into production within a world leading company in the field of computer graphics and video wall display technology.
The role would be suitable for an enthusiastic Electronics Engineering graduate with a number of years’ industry experience, or someone with equivalent experience in a range of electronics development and testing roles.
- Team-working skills and good verbal and written communications are required to ensure efficient integration of board design, FPGA and firmware developments, and software drivers.
- A systematic and analytical approach to debug and problem solving, and an ability to communicate with the rest of the team to discuss, agree and document possible solutions.
- Experience of ‘C’ programming for the development of embedded drivers and for system debug.
- An understanding of FPGA operation and experience in VHDL would be an advantage, but failing that, a willingness to learn.
- Practical hardware debug and test skills.
- A resilience to time pressure and an ability to work flexibly and proactively to deliver designs to market quickly and efficiently.
To apply to this job please forward a detailed cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Hardware Engineer jobs, Embedded C and other jobs available please visit the Alfen website.
Or you can upload your cv Click here