Software Development Manager
|North London||Perm||Upto £85,000||Alfen/Nate|
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity for an experienced Development Manager / Software Architect or Senior C# / C++ Developer to work on our award-winning real-time video engine?
Our client is the market leader for real-time video playback and processing systems which are used in some of the biggest TV shows (The Oscars, X-Factor, SuperBowl half-time show…), major music tours (Jay Z, Ed Sheeran, Beyonce,…), and other big live events (Worldwide Wrestling Entertainment, Disneyland, Blue Man Group, Cirque De Soleil…).
As Software Development Manager you will manage our team of engineers to maintain and extend our high-performance C#/C++ engine for video processing and manipulation; you’ll take ownership of projects and processes, provide technical guidance and mentoring to more junior team members and will be setting the standard to ensure scalability, quality and extensibility of the code.
You will be based in north London within an informal, startup-culture and collaborative software house environment with casual dress code.
- Multiple years’ experience working in a senior software lead development role or as software architect
- Great leadership skills with a track record to guide and mentor a team or engineers providing high quality software
- Proven experience managing software development processes based on agile principles
- Ability to stay focused on highest priority tasks and manage time and tasks to achieve this
- Strong software engineering skills – e.g. use of best practices, design patterns.
- Strong object-oriented programming skills with C# and C++ in a multithreading environment
- Experience in WPF/XAML, .NET and MVVM
- Ability to research complex technical issues and generate creative/innovative solutions
- Expert in Version Control Systems (preferably GIT)
- Expert in Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience with Continuous Integration & Delivery concepts as well as Unit Test Frameworks
- Knowledge of a computer graphics API such as DirectX or OpenGL
- Image and video processing, GPU architecture
- C++ version 11, C# version 5.0+
- Knowledge of Inversion of Control (IoC) framework
- Experience with hiring practices
- Experience with deployment software tools
- Experience with JSon based databases
- Experience with Networking Concepts (UDP/TCP)
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday plus Bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Paid lunches
- Annual getaway company conference
To apply to this job please forward a detailed cv to email@example.com.
For more information on software development manager jobs and other jobs available please visit the Alfen website.
Or you can upload your cv Click here